tongue and groove porch this old house

porch decking - ask the builder

it's tongue and groove allowing the nails to be hidden. every house i've owned has had one and some of the wood is over 100-years old and still in very good 【Get Price】

understanding porches - old house journal

may 31 2016 the first is that many were built with old-growth lumber that's dense and . if the porch floor isn't tongue-and-groove allow at least " between 【Get Price】

porch guide - the platform - by vintage woodworks

foundation & floor - previous table of contents next the porch floor where the floor joists meet the wall of the building to which the porch is to be many "old-timers" feel this lumber should not be "flooring" (with tongue & groove or 【Get Price】

front porch – part 3 of 3. where we sand and stain the floor. but first

and getting your husband to sand off a good-sized section of porch so that you can . restoring our old victorian home… wraparound front porch project… we 【Get Price】

how to fix a rotten wood porch floor home guides sf gate

porch floors have more of a tendency to rot than decks because the floorboards if you're using tongue-and-groove boards you may have to nail them through 【Get Price】

front porch fix-up this old house

replacing porch decking is not a challenging task for any homeowner who's used . tilt the trimmed piece and slide its tongue all the way into the groove of the 【Get Price】

1914 foursquare: porch ceiling restoration

aug 6 2014 the ceiling like every square inch of this house was covered in i removed the aluminum to reveal the original tongue and groove porch ceiling which at first but in comparison to the previous methods it wasn't that bad.【Get Price】

home renovation: restoring a historic porch - indiana landmarks

jun 27 2016 a porch is one of the great pleasures of a vintage house and getting the look in very old houses porch piers lacked proper foundations with bricks treated tongue and groove milled boards coated in oil-based deck paint.【Get Price】

porch ceiling installation - ranch expansion - bob vila

contractor larry landers installs v-groove pine on the ceiling of the new front porch and demonstrates how to stagger and miter boards for an attractive old-fashioned look. more gallery icon 50 products for quick fixes around the house.【Get Price】

ask the craftsman: how to fix sagging beadboard ceiling the

aug 28 2014 “i have original beadboard on my porch ceiling and it's sagging in some areas. the most common materials used for porch ceilings and eaves in old houses. its tongue & groove design allows it to hold tightly together and keep we are restoring an old house and dust and dirt is coming through the joints.【Get Price】

how to install a tongue and groove ceiling the family handyman

the t&g you'll find at home centers and lumberyards is 1x6 or 1x8 spruce. but other wood patio · sheds installing tongue-and-groove (aka t&g) boards is a fast inexpensive way to panel any ceiling or wall. . on any installation you'll have times when you can't fit the groove in the previous tongue and seat the board.【Get Price】

tongue groove porch fix or rebuild this old house

mar 19 2013 hi all i am a new homeowner in an old house circa 1890. the back porch has old tongue and groove on it looks like 5" × .75" .the total size of 【Get Price】

porch decking ideas - my old house online

the deck was cut about 18 from the end the whole length. i believe that he did the board-by-board tongue and groove wet brushing as the 【Get Price】

how to replace a rotten wood porch floor today's homeowner

it's a good idea to prime all four sides of tongue and groove flooring before after the old flooring has been removed using a crow bar replace any rotten floor 【Get Price】

fixing the porch - restoration & design for the vintage house old

feb 11 2011 ted arrived to find a porch with rotten tongue-and-groove decking disintegrating steps falling-off balusters columns compressed into the floor 【Get Price】